Monday, March 4, 2013

The Lunch Project Day 3


Today we worked on finding the percent each lunch choice had been chosen daily. Then we started looking at that data. The students are looking now at the datum to find any interesting or seemingly significant trends or observations. I am not expecting much, I am not sure they have ever been asked to look at data and draw conclusions from it in this manner before.

Just a few of my own observations:

  • The Friday that we had Valentine's parties had the largest attendance of any day.
  • Chicken patties easily squash any other choice on Wednesdays.
  • Chicken rings and nachos seem to be equally popular.
  • Pizza is constantly a twelve to one choice over PB&J.
  • Wednesdays seem to have better attendance than Fridays. Does this mean kids come for chicken patties that miss for pizza?
  • Some of my students are beginning to find this interesting, others not so much. I am fascinated.

No comments:

Post a Comment