Tuesday, April 18, 2017

The Things He Left Behind, The Things I Leave Behind

I wouldn't choose to walk through the rooms with all the debris my dad left behind.
He had no idea he would not have the time to pick it up.
Every thing I see makes me wonder what will be out of place when I die.
What things will be too painful for my kids to notice.
I consider cleaning.
I consider getting rid of the mementos that I know will be meaningless when I am gone.
Will that make it easier for my kids when they walk through my rooms when I am gone?

1 comment:

  1. Interesting speculation but why worry or wonder because we really don't know what will be meaningful or meaningless to others. Why do you think you know? Why make it easier for the kids unless they made it easier for you? Just kidding about that last question. Whatever we can do ahead for our kids is to the good. My own Dad had taken care of everything, all the details, prior to his sudden death at age 67. I was amazed, grateful, and humbled.

    ReplyDelete