Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Next Big Thing? Galaxy Note 8


So I got rid of my Nexus 7 tablet and moved to a Galaxy Note 8. Ever since I had an Acer tablet back in the early aughts I have been looking for something I could afford that I could take notes on with a good stylus. After playing with a Galaxy Note 2 and the Galaxy Note 8 I decided to take the plunge.

A few of the apps that I am really enjoying right now is S Note, a note taking app found only on the Samsung Galaxy series and S Planner, an easy to use made for Galaxy calendar app. All the great apps I had on my Nexus 7 work great on the Note and the screen is HD and brighter so they even look better!

Although my Nexus 7 was a good tablet, eventually I was only using it for reading Kindle books. I have already quit using my iPad 3 and the Note is my now go-to device. (I even moved my MB Air into the office, only bringing it into the family room when I want to chat on Twitter.) Honestly, the widgets you can put on your Android desktop is so much better than anything an iPad can offer.

How can I use this in the classroom? Well the best upgrade from the Nexus was with the forward facing camera. Now we can use it to take pictures and video, not just selfies. Really, the Note is more of a personal device for me and not bought with my classroom in mind. I will use it often though to read plenty of ed related books

No comments:

Post a Comment